Here are some interesting and useful sites with a strong physics component.
If you know of other interesting Physics sites, please send my an e-mail with the site's url.
Tables, guides and useful information.
- Integral-Table site. This 1/27/2022 sub-site is an archive copy of B.E. Shapiro's Integral-Table.com site. It contains integral tables, statistics, study guides and additional pages. The original site is being retired.
In case you want to use any physics simulations in your classes, here are links some great HTML5 simulations that will work on any Web browser (no Java!) including iOS (iPad, iPhone) and Android smart phones/tablets.
- Andrew Duffy at Boston University. Nice Wave sims.
- Walter Fendt has updated many of his Java sims to work in HTML5 now.
- PhET Excellent site. See below.
- Steven Sahyun's Sims My simulators.
- 3D Physics Apps Visualizations of several Physics Models and a nice basic Optics table.
Physics and Physics Education Journals
- Nature Physics Online Journal.
- APS Physics Research Spotlight
- American Journal of Physics
- Physical Review ST - Physics Education Research
- IOP Science - Physics Education
- The Physics Teacher
- Physics Today
- Physics World. IOP News and Journal.
- Citeulike PERticles Small notes on articles of relevance to Physics Education Research.
- Optics related magazine.
- Science News
- More Science News.
- Science Friday Even more science news!
Physics Organizations and Other Resources
- American Association of Physics Teachers
- American Physical Society
- American Association of University Professionals
- American Institute of Physics
- Institute of Physics
- OSA - OpticsNet Because optics is cool.
- Photonics.com Optics related publications, news, technologies, and more.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- EPA's RadTown - Radiation Education
A Few Selected Physics Sites with Interactive Demos, Applets, or useful information.
- Feynman's Lectures on Physics
- HyperPhysics A hyperlinked concept map of physics topics. Very useful!
- KahnAcademy Video Lectures on Physics (and a lot of other topics as well!)
- MIT Physics Open Courses Notes, multimedia, and more!
- Paul Falstad's Physics Applets. Excellent and intricate Physics and Math applets.
- Universitat de Barcelona Applets
- UO Physics Dept. Contains Virtual Physics Labs.
- Physics 2000. UC - Boulder's interactive journey through modern physics.
- UC Boulder's Physics Simulator Applets Very fun and useful site!
- NTNU Physics Applets by Fu-Kwun Hwang
- Mississippi State Physics Simulations Link Index. A gathering of interactive simulations from around the world.
- The Physics Classroom
- Contemporary Physics Education Project
- The Particle Adventure. Explains the very tiny.
- Calculate the Mass of the Top Quark
- The Universe Adventure. Explains the very large.
- Exploratorium interactive activities for General Science and Physics for kids.
- Physics Demonstration Videos from Wake Forest University.
- Internet Archive of Physics Videos
- Physics Central Physics for Everyone.
- Spectra: The Laser Superhero Physics comic series from Physics Central.
- Astronomy Picture of the Day
- Nasa's Mars Exploration Program.
- NASA Satellite Tracking Displays a 3-D plot of satellites in orbit. The Planetary Society
Lists of Physics Departments
- Fred Lemmerhirt's List of Physics, Math, and Engineering Departments. This is a phenomenal alphabetical list of links. Perhaps the best available.
- Dan Schroeder Physics Department's Links page A small list.
Other Great Science Sites
- Digimorph An X-ray CT Digital Library of animals.